Well, for the past two months I’ve been doing my best at daily vlogging the YouTube channel. It has been a lot of work, but I’ve sorted out a lot of tips and tricks that have made filming and editing much more efficient and streamlined. That is a huge bonus. At the best of it, I had 56 consecutive days of uploading a video to YouTube. That’s a lot of work.
One issue that kept creeping up, is that I would get behind on my knife orders, and then kind of rush the video and at the end just stopped making videos for days in a row until I caught up with my knife orders again. And then I’d be back on the daily videos but at the same time again, losing ground on keeping up with knife orders. I realize that this is kind of a vicious circle that I don’t see a way to get around. Daily videos, and full-time knife maker. They just don’t go smoothly together and still give some sense of a life for me and my family.
I’ve decided to shift the focus of my energy. I’m going to concentrate on one build video per week, as well as still doing viewer’s knives and maybe a weekly update vlog. The idea with the weekly vlog is a single video where I can dump any of the interesting little bits that happened during the week. This should allow me to focus a few blocks of time during the week to filming a knife build, free up the 3-5 hours per day that it took to produce the daily vlogs, and still allow me to keep with my knife orders.
I’m not saying this is how things will stay for sure 100%, but part of life is changing, adapting and trying different things until you find something that works well. And then eventually you’ll probably have to go through that cycle again and again and again. So we’ll try this. See how it works. See if this is a better fit. I hope so.
One other benefit is that it might free up a little time to actually work on this blog a little more. I love writing and blogging. I blogged long before I ever made YouTube videos and I still love doing it, but it just seems so hard to post here after I’ve spent hours posting to YouTube.
Tomorrow I will post a video on YouTube explaining all of this but figured I might as well post it here first.
I’ll close this post out with two of my last daily vlogs where I made a minimalistic EDC. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. Cheers👍
First of all, thanks so much to everyone for all of the notifications and messages about the situation. It is an amazing feeling to have so many people looking out for us and very quickly letting us know of what was happening. Thank you.
Recently the Simple Little Life has joined the Studio71 Network, and this hack was a complete hack accross all members of the Studio71 team. Including some really big YouTubers like Good Mythical Morning, Roman Atwood, Wranglerstar and many many others.
We’ve been told YouTube is working on fixing the situation and we should have all of our titles, descriptions and everything else back to normal within a few days. Apparently this hack is just a way of #OurMine flexing their muscles and proving that there are security issues. Which obviously there are. Uploading new content is still working just fine and from what we’ve been told the hack has been neutralized.
So now it’s just a matter of waiting until everything gets put back to normal. Again, thank you so much for all of the heads-up messages. They are most certainly appreciated.
Okay okay, we’ve been pretty slack at updating this website lately, but all of that is changing. We’ve been busy re-vamping our YouTube presence and part of that is keeping up to date across all of our other Social Media Platforms as well. Including here.
So, with every new video that comes out, so will a new post. Also, I’ll try and get a better write on each post with some additional photos. Thanks for tuning in!
The little bottle-feeder cows we picked up a few months ago are really starting to fill out. We have completely weened them from the bottle and have been eating just hay for about a month now. With that being the case, it’s time to get them out to pasture.
A few weeks back our neighbour had rented a post pounder for a long weekend. He had mentioned that he’d only need it for a day at the most and if we wanted to do any fencing, we were welcome to use it as part of the same rental. Sweet! The entire fence on the front of our property was in really rough shape (missing posts, most of wire gone) and we also wanted to get some cross fencing done so we can use our land to feed some of our animals.
So I helped my neighbour with his fence posts and he, along with my father-in-law, helped put in the fence posts for all of the fencing that we had wanted to do. That was a few weeks maybe even a month ago.
Fast forward to last week: time to finish off the fence. Part of the process was simply stringing and stretching the wire and part of it was to install two gates that we were given and were trying to re-use. Gates are expensive and when someone is just throwing them out; it seems a shame to just let them get tossed. I’ve had this sitting our land for about a year, and it’s great to actually have them put to use.
Lately we’ve had a whole lot of rain here (5 inches in just over a week) and that made for some boggy conditions for fencing. With the quad it wasn’t too bad, but with the bobcat, that things was getting stuck like crazy. Especially with the post auger installed. I ended up having to get quite creative with how I installed the first gate. Working alone usually leads to some interesting/hill-billy solutions.
But, after a concentrated effort last week (I was shocked it took the better part of a week) it’s great to have the cows and horses running around and grazing in the newly fenced pasture.
Here’s a little video from our YouTube channel about it. Cheers!